Thursday, August 9, 2012
My fabric buys for the week :) All from the op shop!
I'm pretty happy with this lot and have already used some of them.
From top to bottom:
- 2 x 70's pillowcases - I think these will eventually end up on Leo's bed.
- Green/blue floral cotton drill - it looks 60's but I don't think it is...anyway it looks cool and I threw it into the pram! There's about 4m+ of this stuff
- 2 x single floral sheets FULL OF STARCH. what the hell did they do with their sheets in the 60's when they made them??? Even after washing they are still stiff like cardboard.
- Pink and grey polka dot slightly stretchy stuff - about 3-4m
- Pink and grey marle streeeetchy stuff - 3m
I have used the green/blue drill for cushion covers and also some of one vintage sheet for a quilty cushion cover - these are for Rosie's daycare. They made a request for curtains and cushion covers, so I thought I would whip up a few fun and colourful ones :) I will take some photos tomorrow and post them up soon :) I tried a bunch of different things so it was also good practice for me.